Keeping your hands clean is extremely important. We’ve compiled a list of tips and tricks for washing and cleaning your hands effectively, so that you can stay away from germs and stay healthy. From hand sanitizer to hand soap, below are some great solutions to get your hands on.
Hand sanitizer is perfect for when you’re on the go. When you’re not at home, sinks aren’t always available, so sanitizer is a great way to get rid of germs.
Use one of our freshly scented hand sanitizers. We brought back signature scents from our Senses collection because we want you to feel fresh and clean. For something sweet, use Avon Senses Vanilla Antibacterial Hand Gel. For a cool and refreshing scent, opt for Avon Senses Cucumber Melon Antibacterial Hand Gel.
To help you make the most of your hand sanitizer, we’ve compiled a few tips and tricks.
- When choosing your hand sanitizer, pay attention to the alcohol content. You’ll want one that’s at least 60 percent alcohol to achieve the best results.
- Making sure you have enough sanitizer to cover all surfaces of your hands, rub your hands together for about 20 seconds.
- Allow it to dry. This may seem like common sense, but people tend to wipe off hand sanitizer before it dries.
- Moisturize in between sanitizing. We recommend using Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing and Repair Hand Cream, which softens and soothes rough skin while keeping it moisturized for days. You can also use our classic Skin So Soft Original Replenishing Hand Cream, formulated with jojoba oil to leave skin feeling conditioned, nourished and soft.
Hand sanitizers are perfect for on-the-go and do a great job at reducing the amount of bacteria on your hands, however, they are not a replacement for hand washing.
Washing your hands frequently is essential to maintaining good personal hygiene. In the times we are facing, now it’s more important than ever to wash up.
Keep your hands clean with a luxurious hand wash like Fruits & Passion Cucina Hand Soap in Coriander and Olive Tree. Featuring with good-for-you, plant-derived ingredients and a fresh, uplifting scent, Cucina’s moisturizing formula leaves hands feeling soft, nourished and protected. Still washing? Discover our deliciously scented collection of hand washes.
Below are some helpful tips to wash your hands, as recommended by the CDC.
- To clean your hands, rinse your hands with water, lather up with soap, then turn off the faucet while scrubbing your hands together.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Rather than counting, you can hum the tune to happy birthday and once the song is done, your hands will be clean.
- You should be washing your hands when doing the following: handling food, treating a cut or wound, caring for someone sick, feeding your pet, coughing or sneezing, and taking out the garbage.
You can never wash your hands too often, whether you’re using soap or hand sanitizer. If you feel like you are exposed to germs- wash them! And if they feel dry after, simply apply a moisturizing lotion. Hand washing is a form of self care, and clean hands are happy hands!